How to add new tables to list for mySQL replication?
I newbie in mySQL replication and I would like to setup permanent replication only for some selected tables.
That is why I am thinking about filtering by this my.cnf command: replicate-wild-do-table= mydb.%Replicate
It does it means that all tables I would like to replicate will have "Replicate" suffix. Is this good solution or is there something better?
Thank you for your tips!
I think of a few cons when using a suffix:
- Depending on the suffix you choose, you may end up with table names having that suffix but that you don't want to replicate
- If you decide to change the fact that a table is replicated or not, you have to change the table name, which means changing all the stuff depending on that table name (generally, source code).
Therefore, I suggest list in my.cnf all the tables requiring replication, using as many
replicate-do-table directives as necessary.
- A Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP (LAMP) stack is a combination of open source software that is typically installed together to enable a server to host dynamic […]
- MySQL is an the most popular open-source database management system, in most of hosting company its has been bundle by LAMP(Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Python/Perl) stack. Another alternative […]
- MySQL is the world’s most popular open-source database. Despite its powerful features, MySQL is simple to set up and easy to use. Below are some instructions […]